Migrant Solidarity Group of Hungary!
On the 21st of March 1960 in Apartheid-era Sharpeville South Africa 69 activists were massacred fighting the institutional racism of 'internal passport laws' that prevented the people's right of free movement
Later the United Nations and European Union declared this day to oppose Racism and Xenophobia in all forms - and today we commemorate this in Budapest Hungary.
Today in Hungary we face the institutional racism and official xenophobia from the Hungarian state. We know this from our Prime Minister who is explicit in his exclusionary and isolationist plans for Hungary.
Viktor Orban says
'We want to keep Hungary as Hungary [and that] the goal is to cease immigration whatsoever...'
But we say Hungary is for Everyone!
racism, xenophobia, islamophobia, anti-roma/anti-ciganism, anti-semitism, and other anti-minority attitudes that result in exclusion, hate speech, and hate crimes.
All over Europe racist and extreme right political parties
Such as, Hungary's Jobbik Party
and also mainstream political parties
Such as, Hungary's Fidesz party
are intentionally provoking these exclusionary attitudes to distract people from their own political and economic scandals.
Scapegoating is alive and well in Europe and in Hungary
and we say no!
Today we support...
The Freedom of Movement
- No to the Dublin deportation machine, No to racist police controls within Schengen region of Europe and No to the European Frontex system of ‘Fortress Europe’.
- Yes! to a future Hungary and Europe where we are not defined by our papers and national origins.
Today we support...
The Freedom to Stay
- Migration is a natural and positive contribution to Hungary and europe!
- No to the Dublin deportation of migrants and refugees to Hungary from other EU states, such as Germany,
— our Prime Minister has declared these migrants and refugees as NOT welcome here and they face institutional neglect.
- We say Yes to bringing back free Hungarian language classes for refugees! - in 2014 the Hungarian state cut these important classes.
This education cut makes real integration for refugees impossible in Hungary.
Today we demand...
It is a real crime that in Hungary today Asylum Seekers (and even their families) are locked up into 3 detention centres across the country - these are jails, real jails! We say END DETENTION!
We ask migrants in Hungary of all kinds and Hungarians to join MigSzol future events, future campaigns and protests.
Only when we work together can we create an inclusive, democratic and humane Hungary and end Fortress Europe!